Happy New Year everyone!
This year, like last year, we counted down until exactly 12am, and this is what happened:
Luke: Was playing Auld Lang Syne on my bass plugged into an amp.
Jacob: Was honking the air horn on our Land Cruiser, and blowing on his giant sea shell (He does that last one every year, haha).
Dad: Was standing on our picnic table playing his trumpet.
I: Was screaming, yelling and "woohoo!!"-ing at the top of my lungs, and doubling over with laughter at the boys. This last one happens ever year, too.
Mom: Was standing on our porch wearing shooting ear muffs.
Every year some of the young people in our neighborhood go up on the big hill by our house, light a bonfire, and make a huge ruckus. They absolutely love it when we go out and make our ruckus, too. We all share a New Year's yelling at each other bond.
After we did all the honking the horns, bass playing, and yelling, we sang the National Anthem. I'm pretty sure it was the loudest it's ever been
wailed sung in the history of America.
To wrap it all up, we stood outside Dad and Mom's door, and serenaded them with "Auld Lang Syne". It's a new tradition we made up last year.
We opened the presents we got for each other on Christmas Eve. I made hot chocolate. We skyped with Julia and Lee, and took turns opening our presents. It was really fun to open them "together".
- Luke made Dad a tool pouch.
- Dad made Mom a beautiful wooden spoon and spatula.
- Mom made Luke a computer case.
- Jake gave me a wonderful beeswax candle called "Queen of the Night", and it smells so, so good.
- I made Jake a book. It was called...."The Adventures of Jacob". I can't post any pictures because I don't think he would be pleased with me putting it online for you all to see, because let's just say that the illustrations are a bit - dramatized. Heh heh!
Christmas morning, the Samfords came over for breakfast, then we had stockings and presents for the kids. They were so precious opening them all up, and getting so excited.
Aubrie loved her jumper and bracelet, Ayden's favorite was the little toy truck, and Ryan's favorites were definitely the crackers and candy. He would go around the room, wanting each person to open up another candy for him! I have some pictures that I can hopefully put up a little later.
Hope all of you have had a wonderful holiday!